Willamette Valley Bonsai Society is a group of Bonsai enthusiasts who started
a club in order to assist each other and enjoy the beautiful art of Bonsai.
• Guest speakers to educate our members about different species and methods
of creating and caring for bonsai including advice on our own trees and
• Member presentations to provide information on the design and horticultural
aspects of different species, e.g. tree of the month presentations.
• Member hands-on work sessions to assist each other in repot and design.
• Plan extra activities for members to increase and share knowledge of bonsai
such as plant digs, nursery ventures, slab making, visits to bonsai
conventions and gardens.
• Stimulate interest in, information on and appreciation of the art of bonsai
by participating in fairs, exhibitions, conventions and other educational
displays for members and non-members alike.
• Annual family picnic and Christmas dinner.
The WVBS is organized exclusively for non-profit, charitable, scientific,
literary, and educational purposes. Its mission is to:
- Advance education in the aesthetic, historical,
scientific, and horticultural features of the ancient and living art of
- Stimulate interest in and appreciation of bonsai.
- Provide educational displays, information about the
art of bonsai and the horticultural aspects of different species.
- Conduct meetings, exhibitions, and conventions to
further the public's knowledge and interest in the art of bonsai.
- Encourage and aid in the formation of clubs,
societies, or associations to promote and further the art of bonsai in
- Provide educational activities for members and
non-members to increase and share knowledge of bonsai.
To this end, the WVBS shall at all times be operated exclusively for
charitable purposes. All funds, whether income or principal, and whether
acquired by gift or contribution or otherwise, shall be devoted to said